Sunday, March 14, 2010

I-thought NOT

The day is a completely relaxed, uneventful and greyish Sunday. It actually feels good to spend time alone given that there is nothing better to do (and it saves money too). No thoughts today, just music. Started off with Fatboy Slim, continued with the Prodigy, Hearts of Tibet, Duke Ellington (the guy is a genius), and here I am back to what I started last Sunday- good ol' Faith No More- I wonder why I like them so much recently. I guess it's the deep anger they convey and that corresponds very well to what is starting to accumulate in my head/heart/both and will probably lead to an explosion of tears any time soon. But as far as today is concerned, tears are not on the agenda, especially after reading this article. English speakers, click here.

I was once told that people in Naples can sell to tourists anything, including an empty sealed jar, labelled as "Aria di Napoli" (air from Naples). Well, apparently it is not just poor people from Naples (who have been absolutely unjustly convicted of being Antichrists), there go the Brits as well. Oh no, wait a second- they are actually giving out the fresh air for free as part of their apparently very friendly PR campaign! The special limited edition of this air has been captured in the English country side and will serve to satisfy at least part of the daily needs of the average stressed worker in the United Kingdom. Great idea, chaps, you just found a new way to paraphrase the old saying about Mohammed and the mountain to "If the worker cannot find fresh air, fresh air will find the worker". In a jar. And since this is allegedly going to be genuine country air, I wonder if it will as well come in different flavors, such as "cow's excrements", "fresh rain on a hay stack", "pine wood", "dead algae'...

I am actually quite interested in the results this campaign is going to have. More important than that, I would also recommend it to the municipality of Sofia. I would appreciate walking in the center of the city with my nose deeply stuck in a jar and getting high on fresh country air, which would actually save me from having to inhale the nasty vapors of the old cars and fast food restaurants. In the meantime, due to the severe lack of fresh air, I'll keep pouring whisky in the jar and hoping to stay as far as possible from the countryside. I am a city girl, after all.

No comments: