Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I-thought of the day (March9, 2010)

The day has been marked by one word: regression. Not an arithmetical or a geometrical one, God forbid (I hardly have an idea what regression in mathematical terms means)! A good substitute for the word of the day could as well be the inertia, so the thoughts follow accordingly:

1. Right here to where we started or at least we're getting there with the speed of light: jobless, clueless, amidst the crisis which is not only ruining our families financially but is devastating the young people's hopes and dreams (and this is a scar so deep that no money compensation could never suffice to erase it- I'm talking about myself here). I'm slowly going towards my 26th birthday and it seems to me that I had achieved more when I was 23. At least I was full of expectations and optimism.
2. People are hopelessly envious. Sometimes I have the feeling that it is envy that motivates you above anything else, not ambition.
3. I think that I am doing something terribly wrong but have no clue what it is. Can't blame the system for everything, can I?
4. The day tasted like my lunch- mashed potatoes with vegetables which they called with some pompous French name- it tasted like rubber. Blunt, dull, tasteless , insignificant.
5. More sweets in my room=more need of mood elevators. Looking forward to opening those brownies I bought from the supermarket.
6. I need a good face moisturizer, but I do not want to pay for it. Shall I consider becoming a thief as apparently honest labour leads to a dead end?
7. Today I had a weird observation about cars. Most of the cars that are being driven here are neither luxurious, nor new. Italy is not as rich as France but the cars they drive there are much better. Question: what do French people spend their money on? I need to find that out.
8. Evenings are getting all the same. I need to break the pattern otherwise my thoughts are going to get darker and darker.
9. Since I read Berbatov's first appearance in the blogosphere, I don't think I will be the same person ever again. Bad PR, mate, very bad!
10. Today I was sitting in the tram on my way back from work and when I looked around I did not see one normally looking young person. Which somehow gives me a subtle, but living hope that I still have a chance somewhere.

No comments: