Monday, March 8, 2010

I-thought of the day (March 8, 2010)

The day was marked by my growing frustration with the weather outside- cold, wind, desperation and no signs of spring on the horizon. The fact that it is Monday did not help at all to make me feel better. Here are some of the random and totally insignificant things that made my brain slowly roll.

1. Sandra Bullock won an Oscar and a Golden Razzie. Un giorno di ordinaria follia, as the Italians nicely put it in a movie once.
2. Hollywood is experiencing a significant crisis of good taste. Actors with absurd beards and haircuts, actresses looking like: a. cakes b. lumps of flesh c. old bags d. who-knows-what had conquered the red carpet.
3. My food cravings are growing proportionally to the cold. I just hope my butt doesn't do the same.
4. Can't seem to find the right music for today. Cesaria Evora couldn't do the job. Suggestions?
5. 'Happy 8th of March to all the ones who are proud to be named 'women'...damn, I thought my name was Lily...or at least I've been told so for 25 years. Mom?!
6. I actually started thinking that going grocery shopping on Saturday in Germany is a good weekend plan.
7. Lots of people bore me. To death.
8. In times of crisis, don't give up. Because it can always get worse (or better, but I'm not sure about the latter). Oscar Wilde, I need your cynicism to make it through the day.
9. Substituted the SATC episode before going to sleep with a book. Feels quite good actually.
10. Monday evening- so uneventful, so quiet, so looking forward for it to be over!

No comments: