Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My last morning at this institution of democracy, human rights and the rule of law

My thinking process has obviously been neglected in the last two weeks, for the obvious and not-so-obvious reasons that I have been spending more time out, spring fatigue and apathy have settled in, and because I had my sister visiting. However, here you can find some of the fruits of my early morning thinking process- represented in numbers- in the bright light of my last day of my traineeship at the Council of Europe.

1. One, or better to say- once-in-a-lifetime experience- this how my optimistique-moi could evaluate very partially the last three months of my life that I spent in Strasbourg. Further explanation why would follow when emotions calm down and I can think clearly again from the distance of place and time.
2. Two more nights left to spend in Strasbourg. Only one in the bed I was paying good money for. Eh...
3. Three months of a paid job searching and so far no results (almost none). I think it's time now, the joke's not funny anymore.
4. Four Todorovis under the same roof in Italy in just a couple of days. Looking forward to it, finally a family reunion abroad!
5. Only five of my best friends are still in Strasbourg. Creme de la creme!
6. Six is about the number of things I need to buy for myself in order to face the spring- shoes, jeans, blouses, bags, an Ipod, a new perfume. And I am being modest here!
7. Out of the seven deadly sins I could have committed in Strasbourg I think I could only be blamed for one- loth- if I am not counting the times I dropped my nerves in virtual conversations.
8. Eight years I have lived outside of my house, and soon I will be coming back to my roots. It is going to be quite a change, but maybe it's time...
9. Nine months until the end of the year, and if I have to wait all that time to find a job and for the crisis to be gone, I can only think of one way to nicely fill up that time.
10. Ten hours of travelling are expecting me on Thursday. Scary driver and a claustrophobic car are all included in the price. They say that the journey is more important than the destination. I am going to try to prove that axiom wrong. Italy, mamma's coming home!

1 comment:

kilgore trout said...

Oh come on, ten hours?! Only if the driver is a stupid old man! Ok, maybe he actually is stupid, but definitely not old...
ps. shall i start to get worried about point -9?